What will you do?
The Plastic Fabricator will report to the Production Manager. The objective is the fabrication, welding and fitting of specialised plant and equipment to recognised nhe standards using PVC, Polypropylene and PVDF materials.
· Ensure that the manufactured plant and equipment meets the drawing specification and conforms to the quality standards and procedures.
· Assist in the design by informing your Supervisor of incorrect or faulty drawings.
· Assist the Supervisor with matters arising from the fabrication and welding of plant.
· Ensure that prior to manufacture the correct materials are issued for manufacture.
· Carry out all duties with guidance but without constant supervision.
· Keep all work areas in a clean, tidy and safe manner.
· Ensure that safe working practices are carried out.
· On occasion you may be required to assist your colleagues.
· Any other reasonable duties as requested by the management.
· To comply with company Health & Safety manual.
· An amount of site work required
What’s in it for you?
· Competitive salary
· 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
· Company contribution pension scheme
· Life assurance
· Quaker Houghton University free training catalogue
· Competitive over-time rates
What do we look for?
Qualifications / Experience
· Experience in a specialist team production environment
· Reading and working from detailed drawings
· Proven ability of working in a specialist one off production environment
· Flexibility in terms of types of work – the role is multi disciplined
· Self Motivated
· Crane and lifting skills (would be an advantage)
· Overtime will be required.
· Some site work required
· An awareness of Health and Safety regulations is required
· Experience manufacturing tanks and ductwork
Who are we?
Norman Hay Engineering is a Quaker Houghton company and supports other businesses in the group including Surface Technology, Ultraseal International, and Sifco ASC sites.