About the job
Do you find the flow of international goods a challenge and do you want to help ensure that this is done as
efficiently as possible?
We are looking to expand the Trade Compliance department where we support the organization at EMEA
level with various issues related to international goods flows such as Customs formalities (Im- and Export),
Sanction legislation, Origin documentation, Excise issues and the maintenance of customs data in our ERP
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Quaker Houghton team at a time when we are investing to further
strengthen our position as market leaders.
What’s in it For You?
• Excellent onboarding and training programs as part of our QH University.
• Competitive pay with excellent bonus opportunities.
• Attractive Wellness, CSR, Sustainability, Women Inclusion & Diversity programs.
• Health insurance, laptop, bicycle plan, etc.
• Possibility to work from home.
• Opportunities to contribute towards the success of the pillar sectors of our world´s economy.
Creating value is in our DNA.
What will you do?
• Support organization in respect of trade compliance activities and/or questions
• Maintain customs data in (JDE) system (HS/CN codes, Origin, Dual Use, etc.)
• Performing various reporting activities (Supply Chain, Financial, Customs Licenses)
• Support manager with set up and/or maintenance of various (customs and trade) policies
• Sanction control activities
• Analyze trade activities in search of possible improvement areas
What do we look for?
• Experience: Minimum of 4 years in international trade and customs activities
• Education: Minimal BSC Level, Customs Declarant and preferable MCTA
• Languages: Dutch (native) English and other preferable EU language
• Computer application literacy: Knowledge of ERP Systems (JDE/Oracle), Microsoft Office Tools like
Excel / Word / Access / Visio
• Based in: Uithoorn, Netherlands
• High safety consciousness – Safety is the core of our culture.
• Results Driven – Holds self and others accountable for achieving performance objectives.
• Receptive to change – Seeks opportunities, removes barriers and commits to improvements.
• Analytical & Problem Solver – Identifies problems and uses available resources to identify a
• Innovation – Is open to new ways of doing things and promote all products in portfolio.
• Customer Focus – Dedicated to meeting customer expectations and requirements.
• Acts with Integrity – Can be counted on to follow through with commitment.
Who we are?
Quaker Houghton is the global leader in industrial process fluids, continually improving and innovating
so the world’s steel, aluminum, automotive, aircraft, machinery and industrial parts manufacturers can
stay ahead in a changing world. Our chemists, engineers and industry experts partner with our
customers to continually improve their operations so they can run even more efficiently, even more
effectively, whatever comes next.
• Live Safe
• Exceed Customer Expectations
• Drive Results
• Embrace Diversity
• Do Great Things Together
Our core values embody who we are as a company, guide our decisions and inspire us. Our commitment
to these values, in words and actions, builds a safer, stronger Quaker Houghton. They are the
fundamental beliefs that guide our internal conduct and our relationship with the outside world.